Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lock icon next to model number

Lock icon next to model number

How do I remove a switch that has a lock icon next to the model number? In the Design tab, Device locations, model number.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (191).png 
Views:	22 
Size:	378.7 KB 
ID:	1000

2. Thanks customelectric thanked for this post
    Likes customelectric liked this post
    Same! Im wondering what thats about, sucks that hardly anyone responds to questions on here. Very frustrating lately. Lutron rolls out this new software, its a mess, hard to get help and questions answered for new dealers stepping into RA3 etc

I actually got a response from Lutron tech support in regards to the lock icon in the designer software. Heres what the said;

"Hey -----, thank you for the reply. We currently have a case open with engineering as to why this lock appears here. It seems as if RRD-PRO, RRD-6ND, RRD-6NA, RRD-10ND and a few other devices appear with a lock icon. This would not be of immediate concern, and may be a partial feature / lingering icon that was added in early stages of Designer, but remains static on a few Maestro models. We'll reach out when we get a definitive answer, but note that this should not cause any negative outcome for device programming, activation, or transfers in the meantime."

Curious if this was resolved, as I think I am having the same issue. Essentially, when converting from RA2 to RA3, all dimmers became part of a gang, which looks like your picture. I cannot then take a dimmer out of the gang.

The lock icon means the software won't automatically change the model number. You can click (maybe double-click) on the lock to unlock the field.

In RA3 you can drag devices between control stations. If you right click-cut a device, then click on a blank area and paste, the software will create a new control station with that devices. You can cut and paste entire control stations between rooms.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com