Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS Shade Motor Failure

QS Shade Motor Failure

I purchased a home that has numerous Lutron power shades. I have one shade that the motor is not working. I checked and the fuse is OK. I tried to reprogram the open/close, but the roller moves just a bit and then stops. I believe that the motor is the culprit. I would like to replace this motor, but these shades were installed back around 2007, so I am not sure I can track down a replacement. I believe the shades are QS style, they are low voltage powered by a controller in the basement. The electrical connection has 7 wires. Does anyone have an idea how I can track down a replacement motor?

Lutron Technical Support
    The 7-conductor shades were Sivoia QED shades, which was the predecessor to the Sivoia QS shades. I would recommend contacting a Lutron Shade dealer in your area. You can use this link to find one in your area: https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/W...buy.aspx?AID=1

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    The 7-conductor shades were Sivoia QED shades, which was the predecessor to the Sivoia QS shades. I would recommend contacting a Lutron Shade dealer in your area. You can use this link to find one in your area: https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/W...buy.aspx?AID=1

Thank you, much appreciated.

I'm having the same problem. Was a dealer able to help you? What was the outcome and was it expensive? Thanks

Problem Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by GailG View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Was a dealer able to help you? What was the outcome and was it expensive? Thanks
    We contacted the local rep, in our case they were in Jacksonville FL, and they installed a new motor. The weird thing is that Lutron no longer manufactures the motor for our older system. Luckly the rep had a few in inventory.

Lutron Technical Support
    We stopped building QED drives in 2015 due to lack of part suppliers, and also because we were cutting over to the newer QS drives. Eventually we just ran out of existing QED product.

Lucky to Find Some Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    We stopped building QED drives in 2015 due to lack of part suppliers, and also because we were cutting over to the newer QS drives. Eventually we just ran out of existing QED product.
    That was what I learned, luckily I was able to find some drives at the local Lutron support company in Jacksonville FL. I bought a couple of spare drives to hopefully cover me for a while going forward, but at some point I will need to either upgrade to the QS blinds or change out the blinds to another brand.