Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVRF-5NS constantly flashes with incandescent bulb

DVRF-5NS constantly flashes with incandescent bulb

Hello, I tried to install a Claro switch today (DVRF-5NS) but can't seem to get it to work properly.

When I finish wiring everything up and turn the break back on, the LED on the switch and the light it controls immediately start flashing in a repeating pattern (on and off at about 0.5s intervals). This happens until I turn off the breaker again. Note that this is a flashing issue, not flickering. The light fully turns on and off each time.

I've triple checked all of my wiring, I'm connected to the neutral, hot, load, and ground. This isn't a 3-way setup, just a single bulb with one switch.

I've tried with three different bulbs, two of which were LED bulbs, and the third was an incandescent bulb, so I don't think it's an incompatibility issue, which is the only thing I can find if I search for other similar issues.

I've installed many other switches and dimmers in this house and another house, and this is the first time I've encountered anything like this. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

Can you please submit a video of the switch and lights flashings as well as a photo of how the switch is wired and of the wires coming from the wallbox to support@lutron.com? We would like to troubleshoot this issue further with our technical support team.

Thanks for replying, I realized the source of my problem was the fact that I had connected to the neutral wire of a different circuit.
    There are two circuits coming into the switch box, and only one of them has a neutral wire, unfortunately it was not for the light which I was attempting to use with the Claro.
    It took me a while to realize that the neutral wire was from the other circuit.