Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: switch for ceiling fan speed control with smart hub?

Question switch for ceiling fan speed control with smart hub?

Is there such a switch that can control a ceiling fan connected to the Lutron smart hub? I see the diva dimmer (DVRF-6L-(color code)) say sit can but seem like an overpriced item at roughly 70 dollars to control a fan without light integration too. The old "original" fan controller (PD-FSQN-(color code)) I cannot seem to find in stock locally and figure it's discontinued?

I have two lines run to my ceiling fan - one for lights, and one for the fan motor. I bought a Maestro light/fan combo since I thought Lutron was all wireless but I see now it is not a model that works with the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro that I have... What is the cheapest method to get this fan motor on a remote smart system?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello gleep52,

The PD-FSQN will be the best bet for controlling that fan speed. Our apologies if this control may be hard to find at retailers by you, if necessary please take a look at our "Where to Buy" tool here: Where to Buy Caseta Smart Home Products | Caseta by Lutron (casetawireless.com). The PD-FSQN is not discontinued.

We recommend expanding the wall box and running the lights on their own dedicated dimmer (such as the PD-6WCL) and the fan motor on the PD-FSQN. Currently, we do not offer a stacked control such as the MACL-LFQ in the Caseta family.

Hello Brandon,

I am in a situation where I cannot expand the wall box due to studs being on either side in two of my rooms. Is there no way to connect the MACL-LFQ stacked switch to the Caseta Pro Smart Bridge?

Are there any plans to create a stacked switch such as the
    MACL-LFQ for the Caseta line? Seems strange this doesn't already exist. I'd rather not go outside of the Lutron line for a solution as I've converted all switches to Lutron Caseta switches but can't seem to find a solution for these last two rooms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4. Thanks tpellegrini thanked for this post
    Likes tpellegrini liked this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Hello marv86 welcome to the forums,

The MACL-LFQ is a standalone unit only. This control does not have a radio built into it like the Caseta family of products. One solution we can recommend is to put the fan and light both on a PD-6ANS. However, the PD-6ANS will simply interrupt the power to the fan/light and not control the intensity or speed. We can understand the need for a fan/light control in the Caseta family. Your feedback is valuable and I would be happy to forward this to our product development team. We apologize for not offering an appropriate solution at this current time.