Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Project Help

Project Help

I found this Pico Module that I want to place on my bed headboard, and control a lamp module (Table Lamp lighting), and the ceiling fan on/off (Fan only), but i'm finding it hard to cross reference what this pico keypad is actually compatible with. can someone help?
    Project 1:
    Pico Keypad
    PJ2-4B-G-L41
    It says on the Datasheet that it is only compatible with "HomeWorks® QS and Quantum® systems only"
    Surely there is a Lamp Module, and On/Off switch available with these systems, but I haven't had much luck hacking through all the different systems luton makes.

Project 2:
    Somewhat unrelated with the Pico Keypad module, I want to automate some lights Porch, Chandelier, Garage outside lights. The Garage outside lights are kinda far from the Front Porch and Chandelier, so i'm kinda concerned about the range of the controller, and I also have Control4 with Zigbee on the door locks, so I'm not sure about interference.

Project 3: I have two sets of recessed lights set of 2, and a set of 3 that are operated by separate switches on either side of the room. I want to tie these lights together, being if I turn on one of the switches, it turns on the other switch automatically. I'm sure there's stand alone switches that can do this, but I think project 2 will require a controller anyways.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by tome10@aol.com View Post
    I found this Pico Module that I want to place on my bed headboard, and control a lamp module (Table Lamp lighting), and the ceiling fan on/off (Fan only), but i'm finding it hard to cross reference what this pico keypad is actually compatible with. can someone help?
    Project 1:
    Pico Keypad
    PJ2-4B-G-L41
    It says on the Datasheet that it is only compatible with "HomeWorks® QS and Quantum® systems only"
    Surely there is a Lamp Module, and On/Off switch available with these systems, but I haven't had much luck hacking through all the different systems luton makes.

Project 2:
    Somewhat unrelated with the Pico Keypad module, I want to automate some lights Porch, Chandelier, Garage outside lights. The Garage outside lights are kinda far from the Front Porch and Chandelier, so i'm kinda concerned about the range of the controller, and I also have Control4 with Zigbee on the door locks, so I'm not sure about interference.

Project 3: I have two sets of recessed lights set of 2, and a set of 3 that are operated by separate switches on either side of the room. I want to tie these lights together, being if I turn on one of the switches, it turns on the other switch automatically. I'm sure there's stand alone switches that can do this, but I think project 2 will require a controller anyways.
    Dear tome10@aol.com,

Thank you for the information.

The PJ2-4B-G-L41 will require HomeWorks QS or Quantum for the advanced programming of toggling each button. The L41 model cannot be used standalone.

For help with your design questions we recommend contacting a HomeWorks or RadioRA 2 installer. To find a local installer please visit http://www.lutron.com/wheretobuy and search for Whole Home Systems.

Will the HRP5-120 wireless processor work? What about the Grafik Eye QS QSGRJ-6P? I bought Lamp Module HQR-15APS-1, and 8A Light 5.8A Motor HWA-8ANS for the fan on/off. Will the PJ2-4B-G-L21 work stand alone?

Will the HRP5-120 wireless processor work? What about the Grafik Eye QS QSGRJ-6P? I bought Lamp Module HQR-15APS-1, and 8A Light 5.8A Motor HWA-8ANS for the fan on/off. Will the PJ2-4B-G-L21 work stand alone?
    Dear tome10,

The HRP5-120 will not work with the PJ2 picos. This is an Illumination processor that does not support the same wireless protocol. To use the PJ2-4B-G-L41 properly you will need to have a HomeWorks QS or Quantum system.

The HQR-15APS-1 will work stand alone with the PJ2 picos but the HWA-8ANS will not. The HWA-8ANS is a HomeWork Wired switch and does not have wireless capabilities.

Can I get Part Numbers for these two controllers with wireless capabilities "HomeWorks QS or Quantum system". When I was looking, I found a processor, and then an add-on wireless processor. surely I don't have to spend thousands to do this simple task.
    Do you have a PN of a switch that can operate fan on/off wirelessly? Is there a wireless to wire transponder to make HWA-8ANS work?

Can I get Part Numbers for these two controllers with wireless capabilities "HomeWorks QS or Quantum system". When I was looking, I found a processor, and then an add-on wireless processor. surely I don't have to spend thousands to do this simple task.
    Do you have a PN of a switch that can operate fan on/off wirelessly? Is there a wireless to wire transponder to make HWA-8ANS work?
    Dear tome10,

HomeWorks QS and Quantum are systems and not just one part that would be needed. To purchase the HomeWorks QS equipment you must be a certified HomeWorks Installer. To help you further with this design setup we recommend contacting a local HomeWorks Installer to discuss your options. To find a local HomeWorks Installer please visit our "Where to Buy" portal, http://www.lutron.com/wheretobuy, and search for "Whole Home Systems".

Obviously I'm in the wrong forum.