Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 Select, newbie question - Pico Switches : scenes vs. toggles?

RA2 Select, newbie question - Pico Switches : scenes vs. toggles?

Hi,

We're using a company to install our RA2 Select and they've asked us to decide which Pico switches we want in each room. So far so good. They showed us the brochure to choose from. However where there is some confusion ( them and us ) is the difference between toggle and scene buttons.

I've Googled like mad and cannot find somewhere that describes how they work, the difference between them and the limitations.

One of the engineers from the installation company explained that a toggle button could in effect turn on/off a scene because that one button can be programmed to set multiple light/blind circuits. He also then told me that a scene pico has multi-tap funcationality. Sort of double-click on a mouse. So you could make a scene pico behave like a toggle by having press once turn a scene on and double-tap turn it off. He then said you can even have tripple tap to do something else entirely.

As I can't find any documentation that explains how you can program pico's I can't confirm or expand on these ideas.

Any help/pointers/advice warmly received,

Thank you - Lozz

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Lozzer,

In a RA2 Select system, Pico remotes cannot natively be programmed to behave differently upon single and double-taps. Here is a helpful diagram of how these various scene Pico remotes will behave:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scene Pico Remotes .png 
Views:	12 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	1075

Standard (non-scene) Pico remotes like the PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01 and PJ2-2B-GWH-L01 will turn all paired devices on to full intensity, off, and adjust their levels at the exact same time. These features are baked into the devices and cannot be reprogrammed on a RA2 Select system.

Thx for the answer and info.

I'm intrigued by the way you phrased that... Not natively... Is there other ways of programming them?