Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Slow response to third party motion sensors.

Slow response to third party motion sensors.

Hi.

We have a project where we are using Visonic Spy 4 in-ceiling motion sensors. These have a normally closed contact closure output that opens on motion. We have these wired into the inputs of a QSE-IO and when the contact closure opens on motion, we have lights that turn on.

The issue we are experiencing is a long delay between when motion is detected and the lights turning on. Testing the contact closure at the IO shows that it opens in approximately 1 second of the sensor being tripped. However, there is an additional 10 seconds or so of delay before the lights turn on. So it is not that the sensor is slow to respond.

I have checked delays and fades and all are set to 0.

Keypads and app all respond instantaneously as they should.

Anyone else experience these issues? We have used these same sensors with success in the past with the QS processor and have not experienced these kinds of issues. For what its worth, it may just be me but I also feel Lutron's wireless sensors are slower to respond with QSX than with QS. But definitely not a 10 second delay.

I have sent a support file to Lutron and will post back what they find. But thought I would reach out here in case others have found a solution.

Thanks.

2. Thanks LEDEEZ thanked for this post
    Thank you for posting this. I am having the same exact issues with the same exact Visonic sensors. Did you ever find a solution for the delays you were having?
    Thank you

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello, Have you tried testing directly from the QSE-IO. If you short the input with a jumper and remove the jumper, do you still experience the delay? This can be a helpful test to see what side is causing the delay. The system or the sensors.

5. Likes MarcusJB22i liked this post
    Hello,

Has there been any update regarding this as I'm looking at using the Visonic Spy 4 sensors for one of our projects as well. Just wanting to know if this is an isolated incident or now.

Thanks.

Have a job coming up with Basalte sensors I hope they dont have similar issues. Looks like quite the process to get them setup.

The Basalte motion sensors look slick. We're going to try the Faradite motion sensors on our project as they meet all the requirements for integration with HomeWorks QSX. Fingers crossed everything goes well.

Visonic Spy4

Was anyone able to figure this out? I’m having same issues and there’s about 25 sensors on the job.

Still having the same issue on this project. Running the latest firmware (23.2.1). Next time I am on site I will try Aaron D's suggestion of shorting the QSE-IO output and check the response time.