Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can i put a pico remote inside a 3-gang box?

Can i put a pico remote inside a 3-gang box?

I have multiple pico remotes that i want to install inside some existing 2-gang and 3-gang boxes.
    I have purchased the PICO-WBX-ADAPT mounting bracket which i believe is all that is required to make do this.

Reason i'm asking is the electrician doing some work seems to think the pico won't work in the gang boxes but my understanding is that the PICO-WBX-ADAPT mounting bracket allows the pico to be put into the gangbox... is that right?

thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Yes there should be no issue placing the Pico Wallbox Adapter in a 3-Gang Box. The amount of gangs really does not matter. As you can see in the photo below the Wallbox adapter is circled in red. It just screws in with 2 screws in the oval shaped cut outs on the bottom and top. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11Capture.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	364.2 KB 
ID:	992

You can put in as many Picos as you like with the wall mounting bracket. You an also add a pico with the wall plate on the on the wall without an electrical box. By itself or make a 2 gang box a three gang box and so on. If you do use the mounting bracket on the wall you must remove the plastic part on the back not needed for an electrical box.

I find the screwless faceplates work better when adding a PICO to the wall adjacent to a set of wired switches. If you use the screwless faceplate you have good access to run the included black screws into the drywall to keep everything tight against the wall. If you use a regular faceplate you have to guess at where the PICO is going to end up and then put the screws into the drywall. If you skip using the black screws the installation will be really floppy.