Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: All lights on at 100% after power outage. How to change this setting?

All lights on at 100% after power outage. How to change this setting?

Client reports that all lights turn on to 100% whenever there is a power outage or whenever the home switches over to solar and power drops briefly.

Where can i change the setting for this?. Currently all lights turn on at 100%. I would like loads to remain where they are.

I found this information at the Lutron website. It might help someone figure out what i am looking for . This is how i would like the lights to behave.

"Fail-safe memory
    All HomeWorks components are designed with power-failure memory. If power is interrupted and restored, lights will automatically return to the levels to which they were set prior to the power outage. HomeWorks system programming is retained in a non-volatile memory and is not affected by loss of power."
    http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products...lications.aspx

I created this screenshot from the Illumination software. There you can see on the left a way to program what happens when processor's start up. How do I do this with QS? Or how can I have lights just stay where they are or return to previous settings after power outage or processor loss of power?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	420

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by 39CentStamp View Post
    I created this screenshot from the Illumination software. There you can see on the left a way to program what happens when processor's start up. How do I do this with QS? Or how can I have lights just stay where they are or return to previous settings after power outage or processor loss of power?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	420
    Dear 39CentStamp,

Thank you for the inquiry.

After a power outage of the RPMs will return to the previous level. If they cannot communicate to the processor for approximately 30 seconds they will be forced into emergency mode. The default level for emergency mode is set to 100%. After communication to the processor is established the RPMs will return to their correct level. You can edit the emergency level in the HomeWorks QS software on the Design>Loads screen.

Unfortunately, HomeWorks QS does not currently have initialization programming. Thank you for this feedback and I have passed this along to our development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Unfortunately, HomeWorks QS does not currently have initialization programming. Thank you for this feedback and I have passed this along to our development team.

Kevin please put this on the top of the white board in the engineering office. It is desperately needed. There are so many things I used this option for in Illumination so missing it.

Maybe as a xmas gift I mean Holiday gift to be politicly correct ;)

6. Likes digit1, Kevin P. liked this post
    Thanks, Kevin. The only reason we noticed this was because the racks were not done and the processors were not on a UPS yet. The electricians were testing the switch between grid and solar over a period of a few days and the lights (even those not in the program) kept turning on all across the house. Once we get the processors on a UPS we shouldn't have to worry about this because the processors will remain online.