Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: RR-15OUT for Ra2?

RR-15OUT for Ra2?

Why is the RR-15OUT-BL not available for Ra2? I'd gladly spec several of them for several outdoor lighting scenarios. It's clumsy using 15APS or way too much added parts/labor to hard-wire an LMJ-16R-DV-B (especially for holiday lighting).

The 15OUT would be a no-brainer to extend Ra2 for customers wanting integrated Lutron control for their their holiday lights.

Good question! IMO It’s all marketing. Technically there should be no reason any new clear-connect device couldn’t be added to RA2. But now that RA3 is out, RA2 is a legacy product. If you want the RR-15OUT or any other new features, you need to upgrade to RA3. But if you have Grafik Eye or Grafik T controls you’re screwed since Lutron decided not to include those as supported devices in RA3.

In my own home I used the LMJ-16R-DV-B for holiday/landscape lighting since I that was the best solution at the time. I’d upgrade to RA3 if my system didn’t include a couple of Grafik Eye’s. To me, the cost and hassle of tearing up walls and replacing 4-gang boxes with 6-gang and individual dimmers is not justifiable given the minimal enhancements offered by RA3.

3. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post