Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights going off and on

Lights going off and on

I moved into a house that had many caseta switches installed but no hub and the switches worked fine. I could turn the lights on, off, or dim them just fine. I bought a hub so that I could program the switch and integrate them with Alexa. I factory rest each switch and paired them with the hub and they all worked fine initially. I paired with Alexa and everything worked fine as well. Went away fir a week and came back and now any of the dimmers with the round button in the middle don't work right you turn then on amd they stay on for about 5 seconds then just start witching on and off basically going up to full bright then dimming down to fully off then back up to full bright. I have changed nothing and they worked fine in my house for months before I bought the hub. I tried factory resetting a switch to see if it would go back to a working state but it still does the same thing. Help as these are my kitchen lights and my wife does not like the dance party effect.

You may have had a surge event that damaged the dimmers. Try unplugging the hub. Check the Pico's. I had a client set a box on top of one and it would randomly turn lights on/off.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    What is the manufacturer and model of the lights you are using in your kitchen? Do you have an incandescent or halogen bulb you can place in one of the light fixtures to see if the behavior still persists?

I will check the manufacturer and see if I have any different bulbs. Though it would be odd if it was a hardware issue as they worked for months for me (a year as I checked if the previous owner had any issues and he did not) just fine. My troubles only began a couple of weeks after I connected them to a hub which also updated their firmware.