Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Control 2 switches with 1 pico?

Control 2 switches with 1 pico?

Hello All,

I just moved into a 2 year old home so I am just getting into the "smart" stuff around the house. I believe I already know the answer but I thought I would put it out here anyways.

My kitchen has 2 independent single pole switches for the lights, one for the cooking area and 1 for the island. The issue is that I want to be able to control those light from the other side of the kitchen. I plan on using a Pico switch/switches. Is there a way I could get a single switch to control those lights independently? Or will I have to get 2 Caseta Diva and 2 Picos. Or can I get a 1 pico to control both of those at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

Lutron Technical Support
    One pico remote can control any number of Caseta devices so long as they are within range of each other (60 feet line-of-sight/30 feet through obstructions). Simply Pair the Pico remote to both Caseta switches or dimmers and the remote will simultaneously control both devices.

If you are using the app you can add a PICO and then edit it to select any combination of switches for it to work with. If I am adding an unpaired PICO to a room using the app it automatically selects all of the switches in the room. You can even have multiple PICOs doing this, I have a PICO on a pedestal in my living room that I use to turn on/off all the lights in the kitchen. The only annoyance I can report is that the "ON" and "OFF" have the same selection of lights so chose wisely. That means if I use the PICO in the living room it turns kitchen lights on I would never use normally...but it will also turn off those lights in the odd case that they were in use.