Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "No home available" ??

"No home available" ??

I am trying to link Lutron Caseta to Google Home. When I use Google Home to access the Lutron app and sign into the Lutron app, the Authorize button appears. When I click on Authorize I get a message from the Lutron app saying No home available, you must add a home in your Lutron App.
    When I exit out Google Home and open the Lutron app I get my screen with the home name at the top and the Devices (which work properly).

What am I doing wrong?

Lutron Technical Support
    Instead of signing into the Lutron app via Google Home, have you tried linking the Google Home integration via the Lutron app? To do so navigate to the Settings section of the Lutron app, then tap on Integrations and finally select Google Assistant. Follow the prompts on the Lutron app to complete the Google integration in the Lutron app.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Instead of signing into the Lutron app via Google Home, have you tried linking the Google Home integration via the Lutron app? To do so navigate to the Settings section of the Lutron app, then tap on Integrations and finally select Google Assistant. Follow the prompts on the Lutron app to complete the Google integration in the Lutron app.
    Thanks Jonathan. I am at my main home, now (the Caseta is set up in our vacation home).
    But, I did try that when I was there and I tried it again, remotely, just now. When I go into settings, there is no Integrations selection. If I go on to Advanced, I see "Integration". When I open that, I see "Connections" and when I click on that, it tells me to tap on a row below to view more details about current connections, etc. But, there are no Connections listed.

I do see that, under the top level of Settings, in the area of speaking commands (the microphone icon), I can go in and link Google Assistant, but it tells me to go to the Google Home app and follow the procedure I had been following when I was told I need to set up a home in Lutron first. So, that gets me back to the same problem.

I just noticed that the Google Home app, in the Add Device area, says to use "New" for devices that are able to use "Seamless Setup with the Google Home App". I had been using "Works with Google". I'll try again next time I am up there in a couple months.