Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HWQS operating via Alexa Shades On/Off commands

Question HWQS operating via Alexa Shades On/Off commands

Possibly been asked before, (searched forum) but I have a fairly decent sized client apt that would like to use Alexa to operate main rooms.
    Understanding the Lutron App limits access to 99 Devices (We have more than that here based on lighting load count alone) how do I get around the
    Shades Closing every time Example: request to "Alexa Turn Off Kitchen" Lights operate as the command request, but shade close at Off and Open at On command. Is there a way around this? Seems like the only info I can find regarding any type of detailed Alexa integration is with Caseta setups, nothing with QS Designer. Also, how are others getting around the "not using Turn On, Turn Off" limitation when building scenes for multiple rooms? I am aware using Routines can be a janky way around it but naming nomeclature causes issues ( names must be different )

If the command "Alexa, turn off the kitchen" triggers both the lights and shades to close, I think you can try separating their control. This may involve creating separate groups or scenes for lights and shades within the Lutron App or Alexa. By doing so, you can have more control over individual devices and prevent unintended actions on the shades when controlling the lights.