Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caseta Dimmer Flashing

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L. View Post
    We would recommend sourcing bulbs from our compatibility tool at lutron.com/ledfinder. I have had good performance personally with EcoSmart candelabra bulbs from Home Depot.
    Thanks for the link. I had been there before you suggested it. When there, I <selected>: "An LED for my Lutron dimmer". I then inserted my dimmer model (P-PKG1W-WH). The resulting page displayed the following heading: "511 LEDs for Casèta Original In-Wall Dimmer (PD-6WCL/ P-BDG-PKG2W)".

However, at that point, NONE of the dozens of Filters on the left side of the screen were usable. When hovering over any one them, the following error was displayed: “We’re sorry; we didn’t find any results with this brand.” “Unchecking some filters may result in more available options.” BTW, No filters were checked. In fact, <selecting> Filters ["Clear All"], that did nothing to remove the error message. Needless to say, trying to find just candelabra bulbs in a list of 511 various bulb types, is not fun. FWIW, I entered/closed and re-entered the site several times, to see if I received the same -- "We're sorry..." -- message, but sadly I did!

What I did find was a preponderance of GE applicable candelabra bulbs. There were a few Feit and EcoSmart candelabras. Thus, GE seems to be a prudent choice.

Quote Quote
    While Ecosmart bulbs in the A lamp designation have worked well I have not had the same luck with Ecosmart candelabra base bulbs. Do you have a part number for the ones you are using?
    I also have that the same EcoSmart Part Number bulb question.

I did notice that EcoSmart P/N FG-04226 is presently available at Home Depot and it also appears on the Caseta Compatibility Finder. So, it should be a good choice, I would guess. Also, it is one of the few 100/watt (equivalent) candelabra's that is available from any brand.

The key is to find the proper bulb that has been tested to work well. That 100 watt Ecosmart says best dimming. Which some of the others are listed as good.

In the end I used to try to say it will work, but in reality you have to use units that are proven to be successful or chasing the rabbit ensues.

3. Thanks Audiophile thanked for this post
    Likes Audiophile liked this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Yeah it looks like the compatibility tool is having some issues today with the filters. The team that runs this website is aware of the issue and they are currently working on getting it back up and running.

5. Thanks Audiophile thanked for this post
    Likes Audiophile liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L. View Post
    Yeah it looks like the compatibility tool is having some issues today with the filters. The team that runs this website is aware of the issue and they are currently working on getting it back up and running.
    I found some G.E. 60W, E12 base, candelabra bulbs that were fully approved on the compatibility tool and ordered them from Lowes. The EcoSmart 100W bulbs I mentioned above, weren't in inventory at our local Home Depot; hence, my G.E. order.

On a Casetta connected to two sconces with a total of 4-LED's that had refused to work, I removed one of the four bulbs and the Caseta worked with the 3-remaining bulbs. So hopefully, that means that I have a bulb issue and that the new G.E. bulbs may correct my flashing/pulsing problem...

FWIW, I ordered the following G.E.'s. I needed 13, so I added the (more pricey) 3 "Relax" bulbs. I plan to use these 3 outside, in the overhead pendent, because being "rated to last 13 years based on 3 hours per day use" -- they supposedly may last longer than the standard LED's:
    Basic 60-Watt EQ B10 Soft White Dimmable Candle Bulb (12-Pack)
    Item #: 935467 |Model #: 93098048
    Unit Price $25.97 |Subtotal $25.97
    Relax 60-Watt EQ CA12 Soft White Dimmable Candle Bulb LED Light Bulb (3-Pack)
    Item #: 952435 |Model #: 42237
    Unit Price $14.98 |Subtotal $14.98

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello, since our LED Website is having issues I checked to see if these bulbs have been tested by Lutron with the PD-6WCL. The Basic bulb has been tested and passed our testing for this bulb. The Relax bulb did not perform as great in testing with the PD-6WCL we would not recommend this bulb due to the test results from our LED Center of Excellence. We hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile View Post
    FWIW, I ordered the following G.E.'s. I needed 13, so I added the (more pricey) 3 "Relax" bulbs. I plan to use these 3 outside, in the overhead pendent, because being "rated to last 13 years based on 3 hours per day use" -- they supposedly may last longer than the standard LED's:
    Basic 60-Watt EQ B10 Soft White Dimmable Candle Bulb (12-Pack)
    Item #: 935467 |Model #: 93098048
    Unit Price $25.97 |Subtotal $25.97
    Relax 60-Watt EQ CA12 Soft White Dimmable Candle Bulb LED Light Bulb (3-Pack)
    Item #: 952435 |Model #: 42237

Unit Price $14.98 |Subtotal $14.98

Let us know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy G. View Post
    Hello, since our LED Website is having issues I checked to see if these bulbs have been tested by Lutron with the PD-6WCL. The Basic bulb has been tested and passed our testing for this bulb. The Relax bulb did not perform as great in testing with the PD-6WCL we would not recommend this bulb due to the test results from our LED Center of Excellence. We hope this helps!
    I spent a bunch of time on Lutron's Compatability website (https://www.lutron.com/en-US/pages/l...%20P-BDG-PKG2W) and found that the "GE 42237" (Relax) is listed with 100% of its stars as being checked! I thought that this meant that 42237 performed at 100% -- i.e. the SAME as the "Basic bulb" (93098048)!!

What the heck: now I learn that 100% means "did not perform as great"!!

If the present poorly functioning website, also contains erroneous data, what's the point -- take it down until it is fixed (the "Filters" work) and until it can be proofed as being accurate!

After hours of website research and then sourcing research, I wasted my time and money on the 42237's!?!:( So, what is the Lutron website that contains "great" test Results!?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GE 42237.png  

My experience is that the newly designed bulbs are much better than the bulbs from a few years back. You can see a lot of the new bulbs will say dimming form 10 - 100%. That is a great indicator of the new technology. Also the new Diva switch performs better then the original.

Lutron Technical Support
    Thanks for notifying us of that I will alert the CoE Team to review the star ratings on that bulb. The two websites we post compatibility results are the new one (www.lutron.com/ledfinder) and the older site (https://lutron.com/ledtool). Below is a snip from the test report showing a Caution Flag for that specific bulb and the PD-6WCL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	121Capture.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	994

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast