Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Lights

No Lights

I have green lights and I can talk to the wall switch with Lutron Caseta on my iphone but my lights do not go on. I have 6 - 60watt incandescent lights on my wall switch is that too many?

Quote Originally Posted by eshobe55 View Post
    I have green lights and I can talk to the wall switch with Lutron Caseta on my iphone but my lights do not go on. I have 6 - 60watt incandescent lights on my wall switch is that too many?
    Your wattage seems okay- 6 x 60 = 360 watts.

Any suggestions on what to check? I thought if there was a green light it meant it could see the load, bulbs and fixtures are brand new.

I'd say give Lutron a ring...

Lutron Technical Support
    What is the model number of the control?
    Can you turn the lights on and off manually from the wall control?
    Is this being used as a single pole (only 1 device controls this load) or a multi location circuit (multiple dimmers/switches control this load)?
    Were these lights working properly from a standard mechanical on/off switch before you installed the Caseta control?

It would probably go quicker if you could call our 24-hour Technical Support line at 1-800-523-9466.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    What is the model number of the control?
    Can you turn the lights on and off manually from the wall control?
    Is this being used as a single pole (only 1 device controls this load) or a multi location circuit (multiple dimmers/switches control this load)?
    Were these lights working properly from a standard mechanical on/off switch before you installed the Caseta control?

It would probably go quicker if you could call our 24-hour Technical Support line at 1-800-523-9466.

It's a PD-5WS-DV-WH. Its a single pole. New construction so I have not tested them with a standard mechanical switch but I can do that next.

If your Lutron caseta is dimmer, you can use dimmable led or CFL. Lutron Caseta works with numerous bulb types.

Lutron Technical Support
    It's a PD-5WS-DV-WH. Its a single pole. New construction so I have not tested them with a standard mechanical switch but I can do that next.

Did you install the included LUT-MLC across the load?

Also, please try disconnecting the two house wires from the PD-5WS-DV and connect them to each other with a wire nut. The lights should turn on because you are bypassing the dimmer. If they don't turn on when the dimmer is bypassed, you'll need to check your load and wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by seosp2 View Post
    If your Lutron caseta is dimmer, you can use dimmable led or CFL. Lutron Caseta works with numerous bulb types.
    No it's not a dimmer switch just a straight wall switch.

Lutron Technical Support
    No it's not a dimmer switch just a straight wall switch.
    Try bypassing the switch by connecting the two house wires to each other with a wire nut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast