Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How exactly does sharing access with another programmer work?

How exactly does sharing access with another programmer work?

I've asked a variation of this question before but I still am not clear on how all this works but I have a real life scenario here so I want to know what I'm dealing with. I've been asked by another company to take over a remote project (in another state) that they have already started and said that they will give me permission to take over. I have only done one Ra3 job so far and I can't even find that one project in myProjects and when I try to look at my saved projects on the cloud, it tells me that "This myLutron account does not have permission to access myLutron Projects, please contact Lutron technical support." So if I can't even access my own projects, how will I be able to get access to someone else's projects?

What would happen if we did this the old fashioned way and I got a copy of the database emailed to me? Can I open it? Can I upload changes? Who will have permission there?

It would be really really helpful if Lutron had a nice white sheet on how this works because it's still something that's new and seems to be an important part of the current generation of systems.

Apparently myProjects is a totally different thing than where your projects are saved on the cloud...even though myProjects literally has an icon of a cloud and you have to go to Tools and Restore last transferred file to get access. I think I have it figured out for now but it still doesn't give an answer to who can lock who out.

I agree. They really need better info. So i had the same lockout. Sent feed back under profile-feedback-resources to tech explaining I have no access on line in MyLutron to my own projects. Honestly can't remember all the process but at some point I was given a access. So as a test I started creating and project on line. It is a stupid and cumbersome way of doing things. It's more for ordering direct. I gave up. I buy from my local supply. Just wanted to see how access to Ra3 worked. So I do all through Designer. All My Designer projects show on the web when I send engraving under My Orders but not under my projects. It's like they are hiding in the cloud. I should clarify it shows the engraving status but not the actual file. And when I go into installer mode on the app I see all my projects, including the one test I did on line. And I can't find way to delete it on line. you share projects through the app. I use MyLutron to check engraving status, rewards and software updates.

You second question I have no idea but will test soon with one of my other guys I'm training.

I would think if they send you the Designer file that should be sufficient. I would rather it be that way as it has always been. This cloud stuff is BS especially for professionals. Maybe for the Caseta crap it works but we need better.