Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illuminations & Windows 10

Illuminations & Windows 10

Anyone having issues with illuminations on windows 10? because I was having serious issues connecting to a system that I have had running for a few years now. So I call tech support and after sitting on hold for 35 minutes I basically get told I'm SOL and Lutron knows about the problem but has no plans to fix it. I know that illuminations is "Old" but I have literally HUNDREDS of customers with it. Am I never supposed to buy a new laptop? Or do i have to tell them all to upgrade to QS because a 5 year old system is viewed as completely obsolete by it's manufacturer. This system was supposed to be supported for 10 years after its total end of life in JULY OF THIS YEAR!!!! So they are completely going back on their words after 5 months. Really dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    Anyone having issues with illuminations on windows 10? because I was having serious issues connecting to a system that I have had running for a few years now. So I call tech support and after sitting on hold for 35 minutes I basically get told I'm SOL and Lutron knows about the problem but has no plans to fix it. I know that illuminations is "Old" but I have literally HUNDREDS of customers with it. Am I never supposed to buy a new laptop? Or do i have to tell them all to upgrade to QS because a 5 year old system is viewed as completely obsolete by it's manufacturer. This system was supposed to be supported for 10 years after its total end of life in JULY OF THIS YEAR!!!! So they are completely going back on their words after 5 months. Really dissapointing

Thanks for the heads up. I generally try to avoid windows updates until I have no choice. I'm guessing you could connect to the illumination processor via Com Port but not via LAN or WAN? Can you confirm exactly what type of connection issues you have?

I also try to avoid updates, But i got a new laptop and had no idea that Illuminations would not work with windows 10. Its not like they are putting out any statements saying that it will not work. All i was able to find is that they were testing QS and RA2 but found no issues with Windows 10. Yes i was able to connect via 232 but not LAN or WAN. I can ping the processor through the command prompt and they show up on my list of devices through IP scanner but the Illuminations software will not connect through terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    I also try to avoid updates, But i got a new laptop and had no idea that Illuminations would not work with windows 10. Its not like they are putting out any statements saying that it will not work. All i was able to find is that they were testing QS and RA2 but found no issues with Windows 10. Yes i was able to connect via 232 but not LAN or WAN. I can ping the processor through the command prompt and they show up on my list of devices through IP scanner but the Illuminations software will not connect through terminal.
    Thanks- that sounds a lot like when Illumination 1.64 ethernet communication broke with Explorer 11. I lost a lot of time with that at one project- I crashed the house's lights for a few hours trying to get to the bottom of it. 1.65 was the patch. Let's hope we will see 1.66 despite the sunset of Illumination.

I would hope so, Illuminations still accounts for the majority of the projects i have in the field. I really don't want to have an old laptop with windows 7 just to run illuminations.

I also have issues with windows 10. Terminal crashes consistently. I hope Lutron issues an update soon. currently running a win8.1 VM on my macbook but would like to use my new win10 machine.

Quote Originally Posted by installcarl View Post
    currently running a win8.1 VM on my macbook but would like to use my new win10 machine.
    WHY ?

Best way to run windows is on a Mac :)

Has anyone heard an official response from Lutron on this issue? We are rolling out new laptops for our 2 service techs, and yes- they are Windows 10. I've told the techs to plan on service calls taking twice as long (or longer) since they'll be using 232 for multi-processor uploads.

I have heard nothing.....

Win 10 has been causing issues in a lot of third-party platforms. It's still a half-baked **** pie! Best advice, keep a machine, or two, running 7 as long as you can. Prepare your clients for upgrades. Last machine I bought, I had downgraded, at extra cost, to Win7. Not sure you can even do that today, though.

Feeling your pain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast