Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alarm.com integration

Alarm.com integration

Anyone have any experience with this? I have been working with my dealer (who is working with alarm.com) to get my Radio RA2 system into alarm.com. They recently changed the process and something seems to be wrong. Alarm.com shows up in the connect app as authorized to access my lighting, but when I link in the alarm.com app, everything goes great, but no devices are imported. They tried to use the old process (which is being phased out), where they input my main repeater into the dealer alarm.com system, but it can’t find it. I can access my entire system outside of my home on cellular, so things seem to be working at least from the connect app. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mine is still working. I haven't changed it quite a while. It seems to have a longer delay than I remember.

Go to "Find Main Repeater" and click on "Show Advanced." Make sure the "Disable Alarm.Com Integration" is not checked. You will need to transfer if you change the setting.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for that info. Never have looked at the repeater settings since installed. Will try that out.

That got the integration a bit further, but still won’t fully link. What do you have under systems communication in the Main repeaters advanced settings? They change whether you have DHCP enabled/disabled. Thanks.

It all works now. Besides making sure the settings were correct in the main repeaters advanced settings (thank you), after seeing the Multicast, I changed my network to allow Multicast DNS. Looks like that was the final change required. It is a bit slower than local control, but works fine for what I need in terms of integration.

Multicast is always a pain. Especially on residential routers. They sometimes call it by a different name. Some won't let you turn it on/off.

ADC is pretty slow but when you consider it is going to their servers and back to you, it's not so bad. I typically see it used more for the logic functions than a direct control. I've also seen it take a day to get all of the devices. I guess they are not trying to slam your internet connection with a bunch of traffic at one time??
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

We have a fairly robust network, so things seem pretty smooth. In using it a bit more, it really is not that much slower. Once I turned on Mutlicast (and they linked my repeater), it immediately loaded all of my devices, etc. They told me that changes in my RA2 system would automatically populate. Don’t make too many changes, but have not tested that aspect. Thanks again for your help.