Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: slow response?

slow response?

I have a new Caseta system with smartbridge and 15 devices...connected to an Apple Homelink system running on an AppleTV. I have no scenes or schedules in the Lutron app.

I have an Apple automation to turn ON smartswitch B when smartswitch A is turned on. It works correctly but there is an approximate 5 second delay turning on switch B when switch A is turned ON. Is this normal? Can this delay be shortened or eliminated?

(switch A and B are within 8 feet of each other and the smartbridge is approximately 15 feet away).

In the same area, I have a second Apple automation that turns on switch A when an Eve motion sensor detects movement. This automation seems to work almost instantly with no delay.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello casetadrw and welcome to the forums!

This delay is to be expected when running an automation of this nature. That is because the devices status must be updated and reported back to the integration in order for switch B to turn on. Unfortunately, this delay cannot be shortened especially since these devices are well within range of the Hub. Our apologies if this delay is bothersome. For a much more responsive experience, we recommend pairing a Pico remote to switch A and B. This will allow both devices to come on instantaneously with the remote.

Is there any way to minimize or reduce the delay that occurs when running this automation, considering that the devices are within range of the Hub?