Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for Advice Wiring Caseta(PD-5ANS) in 3-Way

Question Looking for Advice Wiring Caseta(PD-5ANS) in 3-Way

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank anyone that lends advice in advance as this is the first time using Caseta switch and I'm a little lost!

I'm trying to wire a Caseta(PD-5ANS) in a 3 way configuration but the wiring diagram provided on Lutrons site and help videos have me a little confused and lost.

I have 14/3 wire coming into there box(Black, White, Red, and Ground), the white wire on the 14/3 wire was connected to the different color screw so I tagged as described in the online help. I did try wiring the switch in however I left the blue wire off the back of the switch disconnected and wired it as follows:

14/3 Wire - Caseta Switch
    White - Black
    Red - Red
    Ground - Green
    Black - White

In this configuration the green led on the switch would light up, but the lights its controlling won't turn on. I did try switching it so white went to white, and black went to black this gave me the same results. I'm assuming all 5 wires off the back of the switch need to be hooked up to get control but I'm at a loss.

Also if anyone knows if you can use the Caseta(PD-5ANS) in both locations to control the light?

Again thanks in advance for taking the time to lend advice!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

You are not able to use 2 PD-5ANS to control the same light. The options available are 1 PD-5ANS and a Mechanical Toggle Switch OR 1 PD-5ANS and a Pico Remote. You can view the wiring diagrams and installation guides for both applications in the Caseta Advanced Installation Guide Linked Below.

https://webapiaw1proddat01st01.blob....structions.pdf

Note: This control requires a neutral bundle to connect to. A Neutral wire would not have been connected to your previous control. Look for a bundle of 2 or more white or grey wires tied together and pushed back in the back of the wallbox. This is what your White Lead on the PD-5ANS should connect to. If you do not have neutrals available you can consider the PD-5WS-DV which does not require a neutral connection in the wallbox.