Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Do you need to reupload the database after firmware upgrade?

Do you need to reupload the database after firmware upgrade?

I'm kind of curious whether you still need to reupload the firmware after updating the database or is it smart enough to keep the old database and use it?

I know the thread is a bit old but still, if you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

I noticed your post about whether a database reupload is required after a firmware upgrade, but I see that the thread is a year old. In most cases, a firmware upgrade shouldn't directly affect the database, as it primarily focuses on the device's operating system and functionality.

I still haven't worked on QSX but is it the way Ra3 is where not every software version upgrade requires a firmware upgrade? I was working on a system remotely for a system that a local electrician had installed, very poorly. Our deal was to always re-download the latest database version before making changes so we don't undo our work but I noticed one time when I was asked to make changes that the database had got downgraded again. I was confused because I could have sworn I had updated the database so I made my changes. Then a month later I was told that all the changes the homeowner had made were also gone and then I found out that the halfwit had completely undid everybody's work again by reuploading the old version. On one hand, it's cool that you don't need to upgrade the firmware every time but when you deal with morons, it takes away one step of catching them from doing something dumb.

Quote Quote
    I noticed your post about whether a database reupload is required after a firmware upgrade, but I see that the thread is a year old. In most cases, a firmware upgrade shouldn't directly affect the database, as it primarily focuses on the device's operating system and functionality.

However, it's always a good idea to refer to the documentation or support resources provided by the manufacturer for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
    If you're interested in learning more about effective database design and management, https://www.cosource.com.au/database-design/ offers valuable resources. Remember, keeping backups of your database before performing any upgrades or changes is a best practice.

I always thought they should have a way to check to see what file is loaded to system so you can compare to your own, so this type of thing happens all the time- especially when more than one person is making changes. There is no versioning checks at all and its been that way since QS. Back in Illumination days at least you could send the terminal command GETDATES and it gave you the exact program file name and date loaded to the processor. Yet another simple thing they refuse to add back in.

I still haven't worked on QSX but is it the way Ra3 is where not every software version upgrade requires a firmware upgrade?

Sometimes Lutron will push out a minor update that does not require a firmware update. Most of the time there will be an update. You will need to upload after a firmware update.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I noticed your post about whether a database reupload is required after a firmware upgrade, but I see that the thread is a year old.
    indigo card
    jjsploit.click