Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: porch light on/off schedule doesn't work

porch light on/off schedule doesn't work

Using the app, I scheduled a porch light to turn on at 7pm and scheduled it to turn off at 10pm. Nothing happens. I can turn on/off the light with the app only if I am standing right next to the porch lamp. The porch light switch is 15ft plus 1 wall away from the bridge or whatever the thing is called now. How do I fix this?

I'm not too impressed with this stuff, especially the documentation. I'm new to this. I want basic info. If I go to "Using the App" under Caseta Support, I see an article "How to edit a scene in Caseta/RA2". I want to know what a scene is. So, you choose a bunch of objects, assign an icon to it, and give it a name...now what? I thought maybe you could invoke a scene within a schedule, but unless the event name is the same a scene name then maybe not. Never mind all the alexa/google stuff, and by the time you get this stuff to work it's superseded. No idea what RA/RA2/RA3 is.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hi,

The location where you are or where your phone is should not matter as long as it has an internet connection and the bridge is online. Can you confirm that when you go into the Lutron app and select the porch lights, you can turn them on and off? Can you tap on the the schedules tab > tap on the ON shcedule > Devices > confirm the correct device is selected and under it says ON/100%? If it does not, you will need to select the top light bulb in this screen. Then tap done or save.