Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Sunnata Keypads

Sunnata Keypads

I was talking to tech support last night because in Ra3 i could not find where I could deactivate a device. Well, there is no way in the software to deactivate a non-clear connect device, I ended up deleting the serial# and replacing it with the new device's serial #. I was complaining about the Sunatta keypads inability to change button configurations or engraving post-delivery. Well, that is no longer true. I'm sure it is more $ than the see touch but it is possible. There is a ribbon cable that can be disconnected, and the new front installed.

2. Likes randyc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    I was talking to tech support last night because in Ra3 i could not find where I could deactivate a device. Well, there is no way in the software to deactivate a non-clear connect device, I ended up deleting the serial# and replacing it with the new device's serial #. I was complaining about the Sunatta keypads inability to change button configurations or engraving post-delivery. Well, that is no longer true. I'm sure it is more $ than the see touch but it is possible. There is a ribbon cable that can be disconnected, and the new front installed.
    I changed the config of a Sunnata keypad by reactivating it as the new config (I went from 3BRL to 4B). I ordered the engraving from the app as the 4B (app had no idea it was formerly a 3BRL), and the 4B engraved buttons came with a new little rubber pad that goes under the buttons that has one rubber nubbin in the middle for the bottom button instead of two nubbins on either side for the raise and lower sides of the lower button (as the 3BRL has). If there is a ribbon cable, I neither saw nor touched it during the process of changing the config. Maybe that would apply to a 2B, but changing between 3BRL and 4B is as simple as the rubber pad and the buttons, and reactivating as the new config. I didn't even have to remove they keypad from the wall to change the buttons and config.