I started this on the RA2 page but maybe that was wrong and I didn't get anything useful there beyond hire a pro.

Just bought an existing home. In the buying process we were told it had a whole house sound system and home automation system. They didn't like our offer but agreed to take $35k less if they didn't leave both systems.
We didn't care about the audio and I had no idea what their home automation involved. We have since moved in and I've been digging around to uncover what they meant by home automation. So far all that I've found are some indoor light circuits with RRD6NA dimmers controlled from Pico controllers. Outside there were exterior home lights all on RRD6NA dimmers being controlled from a RRDW6BRL keypad. The dimmers were mounted in a hall closet and the keypad is by the front door. I wanted to add timer functionality to one of the outdoor circuits so I bought a BDG-1. Since every device I had looked at was labeled RA2 I thought I had an RA2 network. I downloaded the app but after connecting I was told I had a Caseta system and I needed a different app. Ok, got that and proceeded to set things up. I only wanted to control one light with a timer. I could not get the app to see the dimmer of interest without doing a reset on the dimmer. After that everything else went smoothly. I have the outdoor circuit running on a timer now.

As I expected when I reset the dimmer I lost control of it from the RRDW6GRL. I have searched the Lutron site and found links to application notes for this device but I'm not allowed to see them. No I'm not hiring a pro, I just want to get one button working again. Anyone out there help me?