Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro MA-Pro Problems

Question Maestro MA-Pro Problems

I have 4 Lutron Maestro MA-PRO dimmers. All are being used as single switches and from time to time when there are storms (with lightning) the lights on these 4 switches will blink. One time when we had a particularly violent storm with more lightning than usual, all for sets of light went out and one of the indicator lights on each of the switches remained illuminated. Since it is the only time that happened, I don't know which one of the lights it was. Pulling out the FASS and pressing it back in reset the lights and all was ok. The LEDs are all approved for these switches.

Is this anything I should be concerned about? Are there any programing steps that would prevent this? We do have lightning rods properly installed and surge suppressors on the breaker box.

Thank you.

Al Guden
    aguden@gmail.com

My guess is you are experiencing a brown-out. If input voltage drops to 100v or less electronics will do weird things. Since it only occurs during storms there isn't much you can do about it. If it occurs with no storms you should contact an electrician. He can determine if you need to contact your power utility.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    My guess is you are experiencing a brown-out. If input voltage drops to 100v or less electronics will do weird things. Since it only occurs during storms there isn't much you can do about it. If it occurs with no storms you should contact an electrician. He can determine if you need to contact your power utility.
    Thank you.. You are probably correct. I am in PB County Florida and get lots of lightning and short losses of power. The problem only occurs on the Maestro MA-Pro switches. Other Lutron dimmers are ok. Even on the same breaker and in the same box. The MA-Pro must be more sensitive. Too many settings for me! Thanks again.