Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HomeWorks Dual Radio Processor?

HomeWorks Dual Radio Processor?

In the Designer Software (v.22.5.0.7921) there is a part number (HQP7-RF-2L) (next to the HQP7-RF ClearConnect Gateway - Type X) in the Toolbox. Does anyone know what this is/does? It's labeled "HomeWorks Dual Radio Processor" and the image is the same as the Type X Gateway.

I Googled the part number, and I put it in a search on Lutron's web site but I get no results.

Lutron Technical Support
    We just announced at CEDIA 2022 the new Homeworks Radio Frequency Processor. Please take a look at our site using the model number HQP7-RF or please take a look at the links below to help further explain what the new all in one processor does. This would take place of a HQP7-(1 or 2) to use a completely wireless link for Clear Connect Type A and Type X devices. This can also be used standalone with the 22.5 software for a single processor system.

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/043580.pdf
    https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...691222_ENG.pdf

Verrrrry interesting. So essentially this is a standalone processor that handles both Type A and Type X wireless devices the same way that Radio Ra3 does it correct? So if you have a Homeworks job that's only going to be wireless, you don't need to spend money on a panel, power supply, and a hybrid repeater just to get started and you also get Type X to go with it so you don't have to get a Separate Gateway?!? That is pretty awesome! How many can you use on a single system?

I haven't seen pricing on this, but I'd imagine it's a lot cheaper to get this over a 2nd processor and a hybrid repeater so would this be the preferred way to add wireless capabilities to an existing system? If so, can you connect it to the open ethernet port on a QSX processor (along with a POE injector) instead of using an external router/switch to ensure the system will still work properly if the network stops working or is disconnected for some reason?

What happens if you want to get a Mux connection for other modules??? Add a 1 link processer?

Quote Originally Posted by drewski300 View Post
    What happens if you want to get a Mux connection for other modules??? Add a 1 link processer?
    Yes. Same as adding a second 1/2 link processor if you needed a third or fourth QS Link