Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Are wall mount power modules still supported?

Are wall mount power modules still supported?

I noticed that they're not an option anymore, but if QS file is converted to QSX, they are there. Are they still going to work? Was this just done because they're discontinued and they don't want someone to accidentally use it? If so, maybe a warning would be better because the time will come when someone will upgrade a QS system that doesn't have a working processor and the database cannot be found.

Lutron Technical Support
    Wall Power Modules are no longer supported after 21.7 of the Homeworks QSX revisions. We would recommend replacing these units with the QSGRJ's to ensure system functionality and compatibility.

Thanks for the reply but this is extremely disappointing. I have a client that had a dead illumination system a 5 years ago. At the time there was no way to reuse her grx wall mount modules so she had to spend about 12,000 to replace them all to the qs version.

It just took 5 years for her to have yet another obsolete system especially since it seems graphic eyes are also on the way out. She can't ever upgrade to QSX now without completely replacing every single component in her house. This is not the Lutron way.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    This is not the Lutron way.
    Well unfortunately it does seem to be the Lutron way. Every new system there is something they refuse to support for no good reason- I am guessing because they think people are stuck and have no choice to spend thousands more again. Ahem- RPM Module... Theres no legitimate reason why they can't support them. If anything let them allowed to be carried in from an existing file. And dont tell me Lutron that its a limitation of the Designer software- because its pretty much the same software we have used for QS for years. They could just charge a license like they do with Illuminations-QS upgrades but I guess thats not lucrative enough.

Its like when I complained numerous times about not having Scene Saver capability on QS, they told me it was because the keypad firmware wouldnt allow it. Bullsheet- the old Illumination keypads did it just fine. And even if that was the case surely they could add it. Even though we all know its not a firmware level thing its a software thing.

Just sick and tired of this crap and you dont get a legitimate answer only some BS.

I'm afraid the marketing people have taken over. There is no legitimate reason not to support RPMs even, much less a current wpm that is clear connect A.