Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to Change Main repeater IP Address?

How to Change Main repeater IP Address?

Hello, My customer changes his service provider and the new router provides different DHCP segment, so their phones via Wifi doesn't connect via Home+ App, so I need to change the IP static address from 192.168.0.200 (old) to 192.168.1.xx in oder to be able to use the App. the system was programed with 9.1 version, and now using the 12.1 version, I can't connect to the main repeater, in the desing tab, in the proper room the "find main repeater" button doesn't appear below the main repeater icon. What can I do, thanks. I just want to change IP because I undertand that if I built and program the system again it won't work whith de HOme + app. Is there any other app to integrate, if I have to do it all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolask View Post
    Hello, My customer changes his service provider and the new router provides different DHCP segment, so their phones via Wifi doesn't connect via Home+ App, so I need to change the IP static address from 192.168.0.200 (old) to 192.168.1.xx in oder to be able to use the App. the system was programed with 9.1 version, and now using the 12.1 version, I can't connect to the main repeater, in the desing tab, in the proper room the "find main repeater" button doesn't appear below the main repeater icon. What can I do, thanks. I just want to change IP because I undertand that if I built and program the system again it won't work whith de HOme + app. Is there any other app to integrate, if I have to do it all over again?
    For a whole bunch of reasons it would be best to NOT use the 192.168.1.x/24 subnet on the new network. The most significant of reasons being problems doing VPN connections into other networks also defaulted to that same subnet. Get them to have that change to anything else in the class C range (0-253 are your choices). There is, of course, the small chance that a VPN connection could hit upon the same "not 192.168.1.x" range but that's far less likely.

When you know the IP address of the device, you manually configure your laptop to use another static IP on that same subnet and connect to it directly. No router gateway address required. Then change the IP.