Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta dimmer lights pulse on and off

Caseta dimmer lights pulse on and off

I have a West Elm chandelier with three, 3.8W Feit dimmable LED bulbs in the sockets on a Caseta dimmer switch. Occasionally it will get stuck in a state where the lights pulse at a regular interval. Here's a link to a video to show the behavior: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqRaZCxTr5VcimeMA. When it's like this, I can't turn the light on or off, either with the switch or through the app. The only fix seems to be to go outside and flip the breaker that the lights are on. Any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

Lutron Technical Support
    Do you have the model number of the exact Feit lamps you are using? Also, have you tried an incandescent or halogen bulb as a test to see if the behavior changes?

Hi Garrett, sorry for my slow reply.

Here's the bulb that I'm using: https://www.feit.com/product/350-lum...immable-led-4/

Here's the chandelier: https://www.westelm.com/products/scu...r-clear-w3646/

The chandelier says it accommodates 9W LEDs or 60W bulbs, so I'm using less powerful bulbs than it normally expects. I did this because using 60W bulbs felt too bright in that space.

I haven't tried using incandescents but that's a good suggestion. Do you know if it's possible for me to still use these lower power, dimmer LEDs through changing a setting in the Lutron app or something?

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, there is no settings that can be adjusted to correct this behavior. We currently do not have any test reports with this specific LED and our controls. This issue should not occur with Incandescent or Halogen loads and is unique to LEDs. If selecting another LED Bulb is an option you could use our LED product selection tool, found at www.lutron.com/ledfinder. This LED selection tool will allow you to generate a list of compatible LED products for all of our LED-rated dimming controls. You will all be able to access a list of all the dimmers we can recommend for that LED, the dimming range you will experience, the noise level that is expected, and the level of flicker that you will experience when dimming.