Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron Caseta Wiring - 3 Gang Box

Lutron Caseta Wiring - 3 Gang Box

I have a three-gang box I am trying to wire up. One switch is a Lutron Caseta PD-5ANS switch for a fan light. One switch is a Lutron Caseta PD-FSQN fan switch, and one is a standard mechanical toggle switch that is meant to control an outlet. Coming into the box I have Black/Red/White/Ground wires providing power from the breaker, etc. I also have Black/Red/White/Ground wires going to the fan/fan light. I cannot seem to get the proper configuration for the fan or fan light to work. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussey View Post
    I have a three-gang box I am trying to wire up. One switch is a Lutron Caseta PD-5ANS switch for a fan light. One switch is a Lutron Caseta PD-FSQN fan switch, and one is a standard mechanical toggle switch that is meant to control an outlet. Coming into the box I have Black/Red/White/Ground wires providing power from the breaker, etc. I also have Black/Red/White/Ground wires going to the fan/fan light. I cannot seem to get the proper configuration for the fan or fan light to work. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    As an update: I realized I have two sets of wires coming into the box. One set is for a switched outlet circuit, and that one has nothing to do with the fan or light. The other set (red, white, black, ground) is for the fan & light. This makes things even more confusing to me, as typically I see two sets of these wires in the box: one for the incoming power, and one set that leads to the ceiling fan. Thanks in advance for any advice/help you are willing to provide.

Electricians typically pull a 3-wire cable (black, red, white, ground) to ceiling fans. The black is used for the fan, red for a light, white is neutral. Power in to the box should be a 2-wire cable (black, white, ground).

You may also have a 3-wire on the switched outlets. Black is used for the hot side, red for the switched side. If you replace this switch, make sure the wire on the dark screw gets attached to the dark screw of the new switch.

It is possible that you have 2 circuits in that box. If the whites and/or hots are separated, make sure you keep them that way.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com