Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Claro Smart switch

Claro Smart switch

I just purchased the new Diva Smart Dimmer switch and will have some 3-way connections. I know I can use a Pico remote on the other end but I'd prefer to use the same panel design. Can I use the new Claro Smart Switch for the other end of the 3-way? Or do I have to wait for the new Claro Accessory Switch? And what is the difference between the 2?

The Claro Smart Switch is a non-dim version of the Diva Smart Dimmer. This follows Lutron's previous naming convention of Diva for paddle dimmers and Claro for paddle switches. I think the idea was to market Claro switches for use with all families - Maestro, Diva, Lumea, etc.

No word on the Diva accessory control. I had hoped that, Diva already having a 3-way dimmer, the Diva RF would just work with mechanical switches. It does have a blue communication wire so... one day...
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    The DVRF-6L can wire in with a mechanical switch. See page 20 of the Caseta load controller spec sheet. You can get a standard non-smart Claro switch in the same color and style as the Diva smart dimmer.

Do you know if the DVRF-6L can wire in with TWO other mechanical switches? I have existing wiring with 3 switches and would like to replace one with a Caseta Diva but leave the other two switches as they are. (honestly I don't care for the Pico remotes). But the load controller spec sheet you referenced only shows a 3 way (2 light switch) installation with existing mechanical switches.

Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    No, you cannot use more than one mechanical switch with the DVRF-6L. You will have to use the Claro Accessory Switches in the other two locations when they are released.

Thanks. Do you know if the Claro Accessory Switches will require neutral? The Lutron site doesn't mention this.

Lutron Technical Support
    It will not require a neutral.