Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Reducing Stackback

Reducing Stackback

Has anyone successfully reduced the stackback of any drapery?

Lutron has advised me that carriers cannot be removed. Just wondering if anyone has tried to do this in the field?

2. Thanks drewski300 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartyoung99 View Post
    Has anyone successfully reduced the stackback of any drapery?

Lutron has advised me that carriers cannot be removed. Just wondering if anyone has tried to do this in the field?
    Yes I did this without much issue. It was many years ago now but basically I worked with the work room to create modified ripplefold layout that was a little different than standard (whatever that is). Each carrier is a 1/2" long. I removed the amount needed to get me to my desired stack. Kept the first and last carrier and marked with a sharpie on the pull rope the equidistant location of where each carrier would be reinstalled. As mentioned, I gave the new distance between cars to the work room and they made it work. Sorry I don't remember any of the specifics but it did work.

Talk to the work room to see if the hooks will span the required new distance before starting this project and I wouldn't recommend trying to get rid of too many. I was able to gain inches on the stack though.