Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trouble getting dimmer to work corectly

Trouble getting dimmer to work corectly

I am trying to install a Maestro MACL-153m along with the companion dimmer. I have three wires on the existing switch (red, white, and black) and a bare copper. I wired it up with black to the black terminal, white to the brass terminal and,red to the blue terminal on both dimmers. When I turn power back on the lights are very dim. Can't seem to get full power even after running though the programming. Also the companion dimmer doesn't seem to work at all. If I hold the button down it turns off but when released it goes back on. Anyone help?

Not a Homeworks device, but I think you have it wired incorrectly. See this document for wiring your Maestro CL dimmer. https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...y/0301629b.pdf

Lutron Technical Support
    In the instructions linked above, follow the steps in step 9. Instead of making the LED blink on IL 1 hit the up rocker and you will see it blink on IL 4 which is the correct setting when using a companion dimmer. It sounds like the current programming is set for a mechanical switch and needs to be set for a companion dimmer. If you have any questions about this, give Lutron's technical support team a call and they can help guide you.