Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron Caseta app says "No integrations linked" even though HomeKit integration works

Lutron Caseta app says "No integrations linked" even though HomeKit integration works

I have 2 HomeKit homes. The 2 HomeKit homes are actually in the same house, but one of them is for limited use only (contains a bridge that I want to share with others) and the second one is what I normally use with Lutron and other bridges. Over a year ago, using the Lutron Caseta iOS app, I added my Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge PRO (L-BDGPRO2-WH) to one of the two HomeKit homes. The Lutron Caseta and Apple HomeKit integration has been working great ever since. I have no problems with the integration at this time. I can control Lutron devices from either the Apple Home app, or the Lutron Caseta app, or by physically turning on and off the switches, and the Lutron Caseta and Apple Home apps control the devices and show the correct status.

In the past, I recall that the Lutron Caseta app's Settings page correctly showed that Caseta was properly integrated with Apple HomeKit. I haven't looked at the Caseta app's Settings page in months, since everything is working fine. However, I went to its Settings page recently just to check things, and what has me puzzled is that I noticed that the Lutron Caseta app's Settings page, says that there is "No integration linked". I have the latest Lutron Caseta app as of today, version 22.5.3, (and also in at least a previous version), the Caseta app's Settings page has been saying "No Integration linked". When I select "Integrations->Apple HomeKit", I get this message:

"Your Bridge/Main Repeater/Processor may have been paired with another iCloud account, or is not ready for pairing yet. Please ask to be invited by the account that set up the system (they can invite you using the Home App). Also check iOS Settings to make sure that the Lutron app has access to HomeKit."

Again, my Lutron Caseta system and Apple HomeKit integration is working fine. I was able to remove and add a Lutron Caseta device recently, and I can control Lutron devices with HomeKit just fine. It just bugs me that the Lutron Caseta app's Settings page says "No Integration linked". I plan on setting up a lot of HomeKit automations soon, and I don't want there to be any future problems if there is some underlying issue that might cause future problems.

Any reason why the Lutron Caseta app thinks that integration with HomeKit has not been done, even though it has, and is working fine? I'd rather not have to do any resets, since things are working okay.

I was about to come on here and post the same thing. I am linked with Homekit. I probably hadn't touched it for 18 months since everything was working. I did get a new iPhone, but that (in theory) shouldn't matter as the data is stored on my Apple TV. All continued to work.

I finally looked at it because one of my Caseta switches stopped working. Dead. Very disappointing, but I bought another, and installed it, deleted the old switch, added the new switch with the same name, I then went to HomeKit and figured I'd need to re-add it to one of the automations, and I realized Apple Homekit was no longer linked to it, although all the automations still worked.

When I searched for the hub, it couldn't find it directly, although when I put in the IP address of the Caseta hub it did find it, and then told me to briefly press the button on the back (which I did). But that didn't change anything.

I figure someone will tell me to just start over again, but I have 48 switches, and numerous automations, so that seems as last resort.

So why is the HomeKit integration dropping? Is it the new 16.0 iOS?

So how do I get HomeKit re-linked to Caseta?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightenMyDay View Post
    I was about to come on here and post the same thing. I am linked with Homekit. I probably hadn't touched it for 18 months since everything was working. I did get a new iPhone, but that (in theory) shouldn't matter as the data is stored on my Apple TV. All continued to work.

I finally looked at it because one of my Caseta switches stopped working. Dead. Very disappointing, but I bought another, and installed it, deleted the old switch, added the new switch with the same name, I then went to HomeKit and figured I'd need to re-add it to one of the automations, and I realized Apple Homekit was no longer linked to it, although all the automations still worked.

When I searched for the hub, it couldn't find it directly, although when I put in the IP address of the Caseta hub it did find it, and then told me to briefly press the button on the back (which I did). But that didn't change anything.

I figure someone will tell me to just start over again, but I have 48 switches, and numerous automations, so that seems as last resort.

So why is the HomeKit integration dropping? Is it the new 16.0 iOS?

So how do I get HomeKit re-linked to Caseta?
    You're issue seems to be different than mine. In my situation, HomeKit is still working with Lutron Caseta. I can see all my Lutron devices in the iOS Home app just fine. The only strange behavior that I was having is that if I go to Settings->Integrations->HomeKit, the Lutron Caseta app somehow didn't think that it was integrated with HomeKit. However, HomeKit worked just fine in controlling the Lutron Caseta devices. When I added a Caseta device in the Lutron app, it showed up just fine in the Home app.

So, even though the Home app was working fine with Lutron devices, I was a bit worried that I might have a future problem if the Lutron app somehow didn't think it was integrated with HomeKit (at least when I went to Lutron Settings->Integrations->Homekit). So, I opened a ticket against Lutron, and they replied back to me. They asked if I had gotten a new iPhone since I did the HomeKit integration. I said no. I've been using the same iPhone since I added my Lutron hub a little over a year ago. I haven't heard from them since, but I recently downloaded an update of the Lutron app - version 22.5.6. Now, when I go to Lutron Settings->Integration->Homekit, it again shows that it's integrated with HomeKit.
    I didn't have to do anything, other than update the Lutron app in my iPhone. I do have two homes setup in HomeKit. Maybe the old version of the app wasn't handling more than one home, but since has been fixed? I don't know the details of what fixes were made available with the latest version of the Lutron app, but my issue seems to be resolved.

Not sure what you mean by "...and I realized Apple Homekit was no longer linked to it, although all the automations still worked.". Are you saying that the HomeKit automations still work? Do you see the Lutron devices in your Home app? Anyway, you may want to open a ticket against Lutron.

Quote Originally Posted by randman View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "...and I realized Apple Homekit was no longer linked to it, although all the automations still worked.". Are you saying that the HomeKit automations still work? Do you see the Lutron devices in your Home app? Anyway, you may want to open a ticket against Lutron.
    I should have been more explicit.

HomeKit "owns" the schedule and timing, and it can control the switches and devices it already knows about, but if I add another device in caseta, HomeKit does not see it.

If I try to re-link, it tells me that it's owned by another ID, and this other ID will have to invite me. Frankly, I'm stumped by it, since the App is very limited in it's ability to diagnose what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightenMyDay View Post
    I should have been more explicit.

HomeKit "owns" the schedule and timing, and it can control the switches and devices it already knows about, but if I add another device in caseta, HomeKit does not see it.

If I try to re-link, it tells me that it's owned by another ID, and this other ID will have to invite me. Frankly, I'm stumped by it, since the App is very limited in it's ability to diagnose what's going on.
    When I was having the problem with the version of the Lutron app (when Settings->Integration was saying it wasn't integrated with HomeKit), the Home app was still working fine with my Lutron devices. In fact, I was able to add a switch. Anyway, with the latest version of the Lutron app, the Lutron app now says that it is "Linked" with HomeKit. So, whatever is in the newest version of the Lutron app (v22.5.6) resolved my problem.

Open a ticket against Lutron and see if they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by randman View Post

Open a ticket against Lutron and see if they can help.
    I'll have to do that. Thanks for the tip.

Upon more digging into the App, I did find it. I managed to get to the screen where it asks me to discovered the Caseta Hub by IP address, I entered the IP address (Advanced IP Scanner is your friend) and it indicates you should tap the button on the back of the hub. Which I tried before. Don't Tap it, rather press it for 1-2 seconds. Once I did that, it resync'd HomeKit and the Lutron App and now all is working fine (I think)

Thanks.