Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do Orbi networks block Lutron's communications?

Do Orbi networks block Lutron's communications?

I was having a really tough time extracting and connecting to a QS processor today which was on a new orbi network. I could see the processor on the network and I could go to the browser and pull up the XML info, but it could not connect to the processor via the software.

This was a 2 link processor and so it had a 2nd RJ-45 port so instead of connecting to the router, I connected my ethernet cable to the open port and voila! Everything worked fine so I'm guessing the router is blocking something that Lutron wants. After extracting the program, I tried connecting through the router again to do an upload and it still could not connect. I didn't have time to play around with changing the settings from multi-cast to direct network address but I need to add a 1 link processor to the system which means I won't have access to that extra port anymore so I'd really hate to be dealing with network issues that I don't have control over. I can't believe we're on version 15.10 and Lutron still hasn't figured out how to connect to a processor without hassle.

The Orbi natively blocks multicast. I'm not sure where the setting is and it may not actually be called "Multicast."
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I think they call theirs IGMP ...Supposedly they turn off multi-cast because it is a legacy thing and slows down their APs. I guess once I get to it, I can ask whoever does the network to play with the setting. Now that I have the program extracted, could I bypass the need for multicast and just pick the ip address of the processor? It's in DHCP so it will likely change now and then but it would save me the hassle of directly connecting to the processor's open port.