Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is it possible to extract programming locally?

Is it possible to extract programming locally?

I asked the same thing on the Ra3 section but that was theoretical as Ra3 just came out, but QSX has been around for a couple of years now and it's finally happened: I may be taking over an already installed system. This job is for a house that hasn't been moved in yet so more than likely the house never had its networking in place and certainly no app set up so either there is no cloud backup and no homeowner to give me permission to download it from the cloud if it was setup. Usually by the time I'm called into jobs, the owner and the installer have had a falling out and trying to contact them is not something anybody wants to do.

What possible ways do I have to extract the programming? Is there any possible way to do it manually (QS style)? Is there any way to give myself temporary access with the app (connect bridge style), give myself permission and then do a cloud download?

I can't possibly be the first person who is in this sort of situation...surely Lutron has thought of this.

Unfortunately they dont seem to think of anything lately- especially us... Curious as to what the answer is too.

I would try the extraction routine in HQS-15. I was doing an upgrade the other day and the HWI processor was still on line and HQS-15 saw it.

I'm wondering if there was an extraction in the version of QSX prior to the addition RA3?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Unfortunately, it doesn't have the extract programming option, just "Extract DAU Parameter Values", whatever those are :)

I got lucky and this was a HWQS job (mentioned in the other section) so I was able to extract it. Whoever did the system put in an H48 interface with fan speed controls too so I guess they'll be sticking with QS for a while.

What Reddit has to do with Lutron???

Quote Originally Posted by Ehome View Post
    What Reddit has to do with Lutron???
    He is a spammer. There are hidden spam links at the end of his text (highlight it all and you will see it). The admins of this forum dont seem to do anything about the spammers no matter how many reports are filed.

It's really weird that spammers are using the Lutron forum to try to get people to click on links. Is this a targeted attack to get our IP addresses? They start the post by saying something a little plausible and then get weird. It's like a ChatGPT type thing.

Yea Ive reported a bunch of them and I dont know if they get deleted. The are so many posts here where the spam links are hidden as well with invisible text. I guess theres not much of a check before joining this forum.