Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Upgrading Large Illumination System - Advice

Upgrading Large Illumination System - Advice

The system I am looking to upgrade has 28 RPM's(90% white label), 45 Vario Keypads, 22 fan controls, 26 dimmers, and 8 switches.

We put a proposal together for this client late 2019 and anticipated using QS incase the client wanted to hold off on upgrading the RPM's. This revision of the proposal will no longer give them the option use the existing RPM's.

Since we will be upgrading all of the KP's, dimmers, switches, and RPM's would there be any reason to stick with QS? I understand the PNL-8's would require din rails to be installed which is not Lutron's preference. Unfortunately 2 of the PNL-8's are installed in small nooks behind faux cabinet doors and would create quite a mess to retrofit the DIN rail models.

Would you recommend we upgrade the PNL-8's and use the new DIN modules with QSX?

I've been in a sales roll for a couple years so I'm a bit out of the loop in regards to QSX.
    RA2, Crestron, Control 4, JoshAI, Sonos, Sonance, Dynaudio, Paradigm, Anthem, PS Audio, Richard Grey Power Conditioners

Lutron makes a subplate for PNL-8's that allows for installation of DIN modules. It makes the install UL listed but it is pricey ($1,200 MSRP). It also comes with a shiny new panel cover! Look for PD8-PNL-8-SUB.

If you are looking at Ketra or Sunnata you will need QSX. Otherwise, I'd stick with QS. There will be a new processor out in 2 years anyway.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Lutron makes a subplate for PNL-8's that allows for installation of DIN modules. It makes the install UL listed but it is pricey ($1,200 MSRP). It also comes with a shiny new panel cover! Look for PD8-PNL-8-SUB.

If you are looking at Ketra or Sunnata you will need QSX. Otherwise, I'd stick with QS. There will be a new processor out in 2 years anyway.
    Can you elaborate on which new processor will be out in 2 years? Are they upgrading the QS processor or is QSX already getting a facelift?