Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: best practices needs for reporting

best practices needs for reporting

from homeworks and ra3 a best practices item that is greatly need is a list of devices showing the room, device name, and part# and finish. This report is needed to check in materials, produce design plans and to review installation. The device report of where items are installed is one device per sheet. that is not usefull for large projects--- too much paper. A list is greatly needed and has been needed.

Hi Patricia!

We went to Vantage training a long time ago in Atlanta.

I've spent hundreds of hours converting installation reports to a spreadsheets. Graphical reports and interfaces are pretty but sometimes function has to come first!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Randy, thank you for your reply. Yes I just had to design a lighting control system (including plans and schedules) quickly and did not have the time to do this with Lutron. So I created in Vantage and sold the job. Lutron software has all of the information and it would be easy to produce the same outputs. So I am hoping that this forum will help us to get useable reports out of Lutron also. FYI we use other systems and those also produce useful reports. Lutron is having the same problem that I see going on with phone operating system developers. There isn't a true applications person who is looking at what is needed by the users. They ask leading questions as to what to develop next and that doesn't get us what is needed. I didn't find a reporting forum for them to look at what is needed when someone designs a lighting control system. We put complete schedules on plans included keypad schedules with location info, load schedules sorted by zone# and also sorted by wiring location.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Hi Patricia!

We went to Vantage training a long time ago in Atlanta.

I've spent hundreds of hours converting installation reports to a spreadsheets. Graphical reports and interfaces are pretty but sometimes function has to come first!