Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Seeking Software update!

Seeking Software update!

So, before I liquidate all the 100s of HWQS devices I bought to do my own Homeworks QS system in my own home - I thought maybe I could find someone here to help me.

I have Homeworks 11.06 and at the time I bought all these devices, I was planning a big remodel/renovation and had access to a Homeworks QS Programmer. I am, or rather was a RA2 programmer since 2010 (Caseta & RA2 Select killed my business model). But back when I was most active, I thought I had somewhat convinced my Lutron Rep to let me take the Homeworks QS training.

Well, that has now all changed.

So, here I am. Stuck with a ton of devices and zero upgrade path.

My choices are to basically the following:

1. Stick with my current small RA2 system and add on to it

2. Or take out my Grafik eyes and move to RA3

3. Or Install Homeworks QS 11.06 and just live with it. I have so many QS Hybrid keypads as I had planned to take out all my RA2 dimmers and replace with the QS Hybrid keypads. But I really fear going this route with zero upgrade path in the future.

I am very rural Oregon so this needs to be done remotely. Think Crater Lake National Park rural. :)

Any suggestions or input is most welcome. Hoping I might find someone who will take pity on me and how much I invested in this system and help me upgrade it. For a fee of course!

Thank you,
    Teresa
    cell5413313421@gmail.com

Forgot to add Option 4 - Or find someone to upgrade my software to the newer version once I get everything installed and programmed in HWQS 11.06.

Any suggestions or input is most welcome. Hoping I might find someone who will take pity on me and how much I invested in this system and help me upgrade it. For a fee of course! That is FEE not free... :)

Thank you,
    Teresa
    cell5413313421@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RA2-Designer-Gal View Post
    Forgot to add Option 4 - Or find someone to upgrade my software to the newer version once I get everything installed and programmed in HWQS 11.06.

Any suggestions or input is most welcome. Hoping I might find someone who will take pity on me and how much I invested in this system and help me upgrade it. For a fee of course! That is FEE not free... :)

Thank you,
    Teresa
    cell5413313421@gmail.com
    Did you ever get this sorted? You might be better off with RA2 or 3... HWQS is quite closed and on later versions you even have to log into the programming software with "cloud" login. TBH I'm not sure the HWQS really brings that much advantage anymore. Most stuff can be done with RA (and possibly an outboard / 3rd party controller if needed) if you want to be in the Lutron world. And, there are now other options beyond Lutron that are more "open".