I thought I'd make a new thread but this is a continuation of a 2 main repeater system that I had trouble extracting. This is a fully loaded system in a house with circumstances that would make life very difficult if I accidentally broke something so my goal was always to not change a single setting on there unless I had to.

After talking to tech support, I was told that I could do the usual way of extracting unresponsive systems by manually connecting to either main repeater and then changing the IP address for it. I was reassured that this would not actually change the settings on the main repeater permenately. Is this true?

Anyway, after I was able to extract the programming, I connected everything back and wanted to run diagnostics to see which dimmers and repeaters were not getting a signal but when I would run it, it would come back to "Find main repeater" menu where both main repeaters were green and online but when I'd attempt to exit, it would say that exiting would require me to reactivate the connect bridge and it would never run the diagnostics.

I have two questions here:
  1. I never re-uploaded the database so did anything change on the system? Everything appeared to have the same static IP addresses they were originally assigned. The app was working with temporary local access. I just don't know why I was getting the warning that I would have to reactivate the bridge when it was already up and online and I hadn't uploaded anything.
  2. why wasn't diagnostics running? Did I need to upload a database first for that to work?