Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can you use See-Touch Wall Stations with Grafik Eye in Ra2?

Can you use See-Touch Wall Stations with Grafik Eye in Ra2?

I've got a potential new job where they have ancient Grafik Eyes that have remote low voltage keypads attached to them. There is absolutely no way to add 2 extra gangs to the 4 gang boxes so we can put in new dimmers and since Ra3 doesn't allow Grafik Eyes, we're going to go with Ra2 potentially.

The question I have is whether I can use a see-touch wall station with these? I know I can't program them directly as they are not Ra2 devices, but can they mimick the button on the grafik eye? If so, will they only work with the locally programmed scenes or can they also use the scenes created with Ra2? In other words, if I programmed the grafik eye button 1 via RA2 to turn off all the lights in the house, will all the wall station button 1s turn off all the lights in the house?

I believe the Grafik Eye will support local keypads while part of a RA2 system. I'm not 100% on that though. QSWS2 keypads can be programmed to access other scenes in the Grafik Eye.

I would use RA2 keypads in place of the GRX keypads. The RA2 keypads can run off 48VDC. Some on here have stated that the QSG (36VDC) could power RA2 keypads. The QSG outputs 3 PDUs so maybe 3 keypads?? The benefits of RA2 keypads are that you are not limited to scenes on the QSG and you can control other devices in the system.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com