Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engraving via RA3, it just sent it to Lutron from the app but no certificate?

Engraving via RA3, it just sent it to Lutron from the app but no certificate?

Hi everyone,

When I used RA2 any time I'd do engraving I'd export the PDF from the software and email it to Lutron and attach a photo of the engraving certificate.

I'm using the RA3 software now and want to engrave a Maestro RA2 keypad again, so I have a new certificate, but in RA3 you click "Send Engraving" and it popped up saying your order has been sent to Lutron. I didn't get an email confirmation and it never asked for the certificate. Do they just email me now asking I send it? Haven't done it this way before so can't even tell if this worked or if the order was submitted!

If you have an account with Lutron, take pics of the certificates and email them to customer support. They add them to your account. You don't need to wait to place an order.

If you don't have an account, call customer service. They can look up the order and enter the certificate number.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

My understanding was that Lutron won't need the certificates at all anymore and will just go by the serial number and activation of the device to see whether it's been engraved in the past or not. ie. you can't engrave devices that you have not yet activated. Not sure how it works if you need to make a change to an engraving and you don't have an account with Lutron though. Then again, i've never known how to do that.