Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MA-L3T251 dimmer and countdown timer

MA-L3T251 dimmer and countdown timer

I have a bathroom with an LED light (9W) and an exhaust fan. I only have space for one gang switch. Can I use the MA-L3T251 and bypass (or not use the dimming feature)?
    I have read the trouble shooting guide and it mentions loads less than 40W can cause problems with the "tap" function of the switch.

Thanks

Lutron Technical Support
    The dimmer functionality of the MA-L3T251 can not be overridden or bypassed and must be used with dimmable lighting loads. Additionally, this control is not rated for LED lighting loads. Currently, the only Lutron dual wallbox control that is rated for LED loads (as well as fan motor loads) is the MS-OPS6-DDV. Please note, that this is an occupancy sensor switch where either circuit can be programmed to occupancy/vacancy mode (auto-on/auto-off), vacancy only mode (manual-on/auto-off), or both to the same setting if it is preferred.

Are there plans for Lutron to make one that works with LEDs? I don't have a single halogen or incandescent light in my house, everything is LED. The MA-L3T251 does just what I need EXCEPT that it doesn't work with LED lights. It would be great if you did make one.

4. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Yes, there are plans to launch a Maestro dual control that is rated for LED lighting loads. More information should be available to the public soon.

Thank you for the update, I'll watch out for it.

Hi, any update on this? I keep looking but I haven't seen any updated MA-L3T251yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Yes, there are plans to launch a Maestro dual control that is rated for LED lighting loads. More information should be available to the public soon.
    is there any update on this? A phone call Lutron support stated it would launch 2023 Q2, but I have yet to see anything. Eagerly waiting :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindley View Post
    Hi, any update on this? I keep looking but I haven't seen any updated MA-L3T251yet.
    I just noticed MACL-L3T251 and a few others posted on the Lutron website. Looks like they are rolling out soon.