Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trouble with setup of new smart bridge

Trouble with setup of new smart bridge

Hello,

I got my new smart bridge today after installing a Caseta wireless dimmer and making sure it was compatible with my recessed lighting LED lamps. I can get to setup step 5 using advanced and entering the IP address that I've reserved for the Smart Bridge in my router settings. In step 5, I press the button, it says Smart Bridge is setting up... => Registering Smart Bridge... => Finishing setup... => Sorry, there was an issue. Please tap the button on your Smart Bridge again. If I hit ok, it runs through those three steps again. I tried registering the Smart Bridge with two different e-mail addresses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I called tech support and they had me do a "send feedback," I'm hoping it all gets resolved tomorrow.

Did you ever get this resolved? I am getting the same message with the same problem. I spent way too much time trying to get this working again.
    Any help would be appreciated before I have to call.

Quote Originally Posted by smooretime View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved? I am getting the same message with the same problem. I spent way too much time trying to get this working again.
    Any help would be appreciated before I have to call.
    Tech support has reached out, and the issue does not seem straight forward. It may be an ISP issue for me. I'm considering returning the device as I don't have time to spend debugging right now.

I would call customer service, as our issues might be different and they can probably tell you a lot more if they have more data generated by their app.

I got mine working by disabling spi in my router firewall settings. Fortunately in only took a few extra minutes to try that and it worked great. Lucky because I also got my last caseta dimmer to finish off my three room install.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    I got mine working by disabling spi in my router firewall settings. Fortunately in only took a few extra minutes to try that and it worked great. Lucky because I also got my last caseta dimmer to finish off my three room install.
    Glad you were able to get the system working. I'll have to remember disabling the SPI in the router for future customer issues. Most times that the system can't get set up properly, it ends up being some kind of network issue that needs to be tracked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Glad you were able to get the system working. I'll have to remember disabling the SPI in the router for future customer issues. Most times that the system can't get set up properly, it ends up being some kind of network issue that needs to be tracked down.
    Fortunately I think I cleared up some issues that might have also popped up in this install when I installed my Chromecast. Luckily there were some good specific instructions for my router on what to do to get that working. It would be useful over time if you can provide router specific instructions on what helps get Smart Bridge working, as I imagine not everyone trying to install this knows their router's options and what they mean/how they affect the install.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
    Fortunately I think I cleared up some issues that might have also popped up in this install when I installed my Chromecast. Luckily there were some good specific instructions for my router on what to do to get that working. It would be useful over time if you can provide router specific instructions on what helps get Smart Bridge working, as I imagine not everyone trying to install this knows their router's options and what they mean/how they affect the install.
    For general router/network issues see: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...Networking-FAQ