Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Remote Access - Verizon ActionTec Router

Authorized Lutron Contributor

Remote Access - Verizon ActionTec Router

Remote Access - Verizon ActionTec Router

We received this tip from a customer, and thought others might be interested in this information if experiencing issues when using the Remote Access feature of the Home Control+ mobile app with RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS systems.

Out of the box, the Verizon ActionTec router is not configured to allow all communication between the Lutron equipment (RA2 Main Repeater/HWQS Processor) and computers/mobile devices that program and control them. Specific symptoms include:
    -Inability to discover the system from the Home Control+ mobile app
    -Inability to discover/update the system from the RadioRA 2/HomeWorks QS programming software on a PC while connected to the router via WiFi

There is a simple workaround that can be done in the router's configuration page (by default you can access this in a browser while on site at 192.168.1.1).

1. Go to the Advanced tab
    2. Go to Routing
    3. UNcheck the box for IGMP
    4. Hit Apply

Once this setting is changed, re-attempt the discovery process in the Home Control+ app / programming software again.

Note: Depending on the router's firmware version, the "IGMP" setting may be located elsewhere in the configuration pages of the device.

See the image below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ActionTec Router.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	81

2. Thanks mcignarella, Kevin P., Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes mcignarella, Armando B., Scottydont liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If the procedure listed above still does not resolve the issue, you may also need to perform the following steps while logged into the router.

1. Go to the Advanced tab
    2. Go to IGMP Proxy
    3. Disable IGMP Proxy
    4. Hit Apply

Once this setting is changed, re-attempt the discovery process in the Home Control+ app / programming software again.

Note: Depending on the router's firmware version, the "IGMP Proxy" setting may be located elsewhere in the configuration pages of the device.

See the image below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	igmp proxy.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	146

4. Thanks mcignarella, Kevin P., Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes Scottydont liked this post
    I have the ActionTec router with the latest firmware version. I have disabled the IGMP but cannot find settings for IGMP Proxy.

Neither my iPhone nor my iPad can discover the repeater on my network using the home control application. The system works fine with my PC connected to the network.

Any ideas?