Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cutted cables

Cutted cables

Hello, all. By mistake I cutted the cables of my PD-6WCL. I would like to know if the unit can be disasamble to replace the old or put some news.

THanks

I don't believe so. They are not intended to be field serviceable. If there is any wire left you could try using butt splices or some old fashioned solder and heat shrink.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

If you have to ask then the answer is probably no! There MIGHT be a way to solder new leads if you can open it and close it but keep in mind that you will remove the UL listing from the device if you do that and if you get hurt or burn your house down later, you'd be on your own.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelb2029 View Post
    Hello, all. By mistake I cutted the cables of my PD-6WCL. I would like to know if the unit can be disasamble to replace the old or put some news.

THanks
    We're sorry to hear about your PD-6WCL. Unfortunately, Lutron cannot recommend re-soldering any connections or opening up the control as it would void any warranty and the UL listing. If the wire was cut too short to create a jumper connection, we would recommend purchasing a new dimmer.