Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will there ever be an iPad Caseta app?

Will there ever be an iPad Caseta app?

I think the time has come for landscape support for iPad users. Lutron?

2. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99, vqvqv, jfries liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilans1 View Post
    Yes. Multiple layouts now are so easy to do (I understand) I cannot believe this is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilans1 View Post
    I honestly can't believe this isn't available? The description of the Lutron Caseta app says:

Description

Control your home's lights, shades, and temperature from anywhere with the Lutron app on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.

Am I missing something?

The iPad version is still not optimized for bigger screen. It's just a blown up phone version. Functionally, it works. But it's ugly and not inviting.

It's now December 2015 and you still don't have a native iPadCasetaApp. Either you have no intention or your software development team needs to be fired. Do you have a realistic date for a native iPadapp? If you read the iPhone app reviews for all of your versions, MANY people are asking the same thing. Some original posts asking the same thing were July of 2014. Ridiculous!

7. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    We need a robust iPad app for the Caseta and Serena lines, please, Lutron, posthaste. In February 2016, I can't imagine the absence of one. Some of us have literally dozens of Caseta and Serena devices and it is unrealistic to be constrained to the limited real estate of the iPhone. Lutron, to be competitive, you have to support your great, smart hardware with equivalently robust apps, please. My Piper NV systems, Netgear Arlo cameras, Ecobee 3 smart thermostat, IDevices and ConnectSense devices all have iPad apps. To add insult to injury, they recognize Lutron's devices on their native iPad apps! Lutron, it's an increasingly competitive environment in the smart home category. You're essentially dumbing down your smart devices with inadequate app development. Respectfully, please give us an iPad app!

9. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Another client that would like to have iPad app. I agree to the other comments.

I didn't realize it but the wonderful guys in Tech Support let me know the Caseta iPhone app also runs on the iPad.
    Thanks for great support, Bryan and Todd!

Adding my voice to the chorus of those who want a proper Caseta app. I have invested about $2000 in Caseta dimmers throughout my home. Having to turn my iPad sideways is a major pain and the phone app is weak. It is actually more intuitive for me to fire up my Harmony app to control my lights. For those of you frustrated with using the iPhone app sideways on an iPad (particularly a pain if you have your iPad Pro in a keyboard case like I do), try out the Harmony app if you use any of the Harmony remote products that include a hub (which most now do). It is a work around until Lutron finally delivers the iPad app (if ever).

The only reason I can figure that a company as large as Lutron has not made a proper app after all these years is that they are trying to separate out their higher end lighting systems and don't want homeowners to get the all goodies when they have just ponied up for a Caseta system.

Here is a screen shot of the Harmony app page that controls the Caseta dimmers and plugs. Once you have selected a dimmer, there is a large slider you can use to adjust the lighting level.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0544.PNG  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast