Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-FSQN Confusion

PD-FSQN Confusion

I recently purchased 6 PD-FSQN fan controllers for my ceiling fans. So far I have installed 5 of them and they are all working fine. Today I went to install the last one and I noticed that it is different than all the others. The first 5 have 5 buttons in an arrangement similar to the Pico remotes. The 6th one only has 2 buttons plus a couple of small rocker switches along one side.

The front panel isn't the only difference between these units. The first 5 have several colored wires (black, white, yellow, and green) plus one screw terminal on the back. The 6th unit only has 2 screw terminals - no place to attach a neutral or a ground wire.

The instruction sheet that accompanied this unit is identical to the ones from the other 5 and references the colored wires, so now I have no idea how to wire up this last switch or even if it is the correct item.

Can anyone explain why this switch is so different even though the model number is the same? Unfortunately I had already opened the theft-proof package before I noticed that the front was different, so returning the switch to Home Depot is out of the question.

Thanks for any help.

Upon further investigation, it appears that what I have is a Lutron Maestro light and fan switch that was somehow packaged in a PD-FSQN package with a PD-FSQN sticker on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lutron-maestro-fan-switch-cfl-led-dimmer-light-almond-lut-macl-lfq-la__37397.1575474463.1280.128.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	944