Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Are there issues with Homeworks component availability?

Question Are there issues with Homeworks component availability?

Hello - I am an end user and newbie. We are having the Homeworks system installed in our home, and our contractor is telling us that even though the wall panels were ordered in January, the "keypads" or "screens" as he calls them are on backordered until August. Because of this he says we will be able to control groups of lights but not individual circuits. He said something like "instead of having one big screen you'll have different, smaller controls." He also said control with our iPhones would work.

I am wondering if this makes sense as I searched the forum and I don't see any threads complaining of delays with components. I am going to speak with his Lutron guy this week but would appreciate any thoughts you have before I go into that discussion.

Thanks much

Yes as with most industries there are delays with Lutron equipment as well. Your contractor is correct.

3. Thanks goldengate thanked for this post
    Thanks John.... much appreciated. You're seeing 8 month delays on some components?

Lutron stuff that i've seen is anywhere from 3-6 months. Some are longer I've heard. August as you were told fits right in this window so he was not lying.

Lutron tends to be conservative with their lead times. However, I would not bet the farm on getting the product any earlier.

It is odd that some manufacturers have (mostly) caught up with the delays and others, like Lutron, are still struggling.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

This is Ra 2 but i was told late last week for the RRD-8ANS lead time is 15 to 23 weeks!!!

It took me a month and a half to get a single HQRD-6ND dimmer. The customer thought I was nuts. "it's just a dimmer, can't you go to Home Depot?" He was not that happy about the price either which makes me wonder how in the world he lives in a $4 million house, but that's a different story.